If you happen to have a bathtub, then maintaining might be a difficult job for you or at least someone in your family. Bathtub cleaning is not a chore that everyone wants to do, and while you can’t avoid it, there are some ways you can find to maintain a clean and sparkling bathtub. Have you tried everything in your power to find the best solution or tips to keep a clean tub and did not succeed? Well, here are some simple tips that will leave you with a sparkling clean tub without much hard work.
- Rinse – It is important to rinse your bathtub after taking a shower or a bath. Be sure that there is no residue left stuck to the walls. If possible, run the shower for about 30 seconds after you are done to make sure that the tub is cleaned out nicely. You can use the benefits of Epsom salt bath to rinse the tub.
- Scrub – Every once or twice in a month, clean your bathtub by scrubbing it with a thick paste scrub. Start by pouring it on a sponge instead of the bathtub as it will ensure more efficient use of the product. Turn on the shower on a minute or two before you start to scrub so that any dirt stuck can come loose.
- Wipe – Avoid any pesky water stains that are impossible to wash out by wiping the tub after the last shower of the day. Use either a washcloth or open the windows to let the moisture out.
These are some prelims ways to clean a bathtub if you find it difficult to clean it. It is better to use some household items that are useful for bathtub cleaning. They are:
- White Vinegar – Use white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it as soon as you have finished bathing. You can use the cheapest brand. It is better to leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it out with cold water. If there are bad stains, better fill the tub with hot water and add three cups of white vinegar to it and let it sit for at least four hours. Vinegar works well with porcelain bathtubs.
- Baking Soda – To help scrub off the gunk that has been stuck for a long time, better use baking soda. Make a paste with the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide in 2:1 ratio and apply it to areas that need it most and wait for at least five minutes before scrubbing it. Baking soda works best on enameled surfaces. It also helps in clearing your drain when you rinse the paste out.
- Shampoo – If you don’t have any detergent, then your regular shampoo will come to the rescue. Pour some on the sponge and wash the tub. It will leave the tub shining, which is ideal, especially if you have guests coming in.