You might have been planning to add a shower, but your partner wants a bathtub, well, it’s going to be a tad bit complicated. You might have spent an amount of time looking at home décor photos on Instagram or Pinterest. Shower and tub combinations are the most common type of fixture that you can see in almost every household. If you happen to have confusion about a shower or a bathtub, then this blog is ideal for you! We will discuss more both styles’ pros and cons.
Pros of a Bathtub:
- It is ideal for relaxing sore muscles.
- Best for bathing small children.
- It is available in a variety of sizes that suit all size of bathrooms.
- There is a wide variety of design choices for you to choose from.
- You can also add some unique features to make the bathtub a bit more interesting.
Cons of a Bathtub:
- It can be difficult for older people and people with injuries to move in and out.
- It takes up a lot of space compared to a shower.
- Requires a lot of water, resulting in wastage.
- You will need a water heater that has an adequate capacity to fill the tub with hot water.
- It is time-consuming to fill a tub and bathe.
Pros of a Shower:
- It uses less water than bathtubs.
- It is considered to be quick and convenient.
- Easy access for people with mobility issues as they are equipped with grab bars, non-slip tiles, and benches.
- Even though there is a current trend towards large and luxurious stalls, most people prefer to choose the small footprints.
- There are multiple high-end features available, such as rain showers, jets, steam options.
- It is considered to be practical for people with children.
- Shower doors require quite a maintenance and cleaning every once in a while so that there are no visible lime or calcium stains.
- If there is a leak, then the whole shower should be replaced. You can also get them fixed, glued, and allow them to dry for a proper amount of time.
So which one is better?
Showers are mostly found in every household nowadays, and there is a trend to get rid of tubs completely in order to save water. There is no ideal choice as it totally depends on your choice of how you see it and also if it adapts to your needs and budget. It is best to have a bathtub that has a shower.